proper procedure for stripping and applying floor finish
Products to use for the above
- Use hot water and Ammoniated Wax Stripper, mop and let stand
for about 5 to 7 minutes, using a floor machine with a black stripping
pad to scrub, do not let dry.
- Use a wet/dry vacuum with a squeegee attachment
to pick-up the old finish and stripper. If you
do not have a vacuum, then you must mop up solution
- Using hot water with neutralizer in the rinse
water, mop floor and allow to dry.
- Apply floor finish using a lambswool applicator
or a new, fine string mop. Apply only a thin coat
of floor finish for the first coat and let dry
for about 30 minutes before applying the second
coat. Apply the second coat the same as the first
coat. If you need to bring out the high gloss
then apply a third coat. Remember to always let
the floor finish dry between coats.
- Now you have a finished floor that should last
under heavy traffic.
- When mopping the floor always use a neutral floor
cleaner that will not soften the finish. Rinse
after with clean water.
- To maintain the shine, damp mop with 4oz of Santora
Neutral Cleaner per gallon of warm water.
- Do not use a cleaner with alkaline base (such
as Simple Green, Degreaser, 409, etc.) as it will
soften the finish.
Daily maintenance after floor is finished.
- FF-10A Ammoniated Stripper or #2.
- FF-05 No-Rinse Stripper.
- Cl-33 Floor Neutralizer.
- FF-01A Santora Metallic Super Gloss 22% solids.
- For floor maintenance always use Santora CL-03A
All-Purpose Neutral Cleaner.